Monday, July 8, 2013

Just Keep Swimming

I started my first day of my first 29th birthday by rushing to church. Church always makes me feel better no matter what's going on. It starts my week off right. I want my kids to eventually feel the same way I do. Monkey is pretty much there since she NEVER wears shoes in the building and wanders off away from me (which is extremely unusual). I am so glad that I did. Brother Jon gave me some insight in his sermon. I have been having some personal issues that I struggle with EVERYDAY! I tell Ross "I just give up". He just stares at me and tells me I'm not a quitter. UGH GAH HUSBAND STOP BEING SO SUPPORTIVE!(gotta love that man) Brother Jon said that you have to put in the work too. His example was a farmer and his crop of corn. The farmer spent all year working his straight rows of corn. A neighbor came by and said how great of work God did. The farmer replied "You should have seen it when he had it by himself". This is so true of what I have going on. I pray and pray for help but HELLO I have to put in as much work as he does on my problems. He can only do so much. I'm pretty sure he is not going to come down and hold my hand. I can pray for guidance, but I have to do what I feel is best for me and my family. There will be days that I want to give up because I can't do it. Does God give up? Um NO! I have to put in my part. It is not going to be easy and not going to change tomorrow or even this year (OH BUT I CAN HOPE). Gah I so needed that yesterday. *side note* for some reason I pay attention more when my kids are in church instead of children's church. I think it's because I have to make an effort to pay attention. I'm excited about my First 29th year. It's starting off great...the whole 24 hours of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment