Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Who Would Want Six Monkeys?

I had a very rough night last night. My emotions were brought on by someone being selfish and hurting one of my babies, which in turn hurts me, then I'm all in a funk and slide deeper and deeper until something rescues me. I should have told Ross to not to leave my side or asked for my families help. I'm a little stubborn sometimes. I had an absolute meltdown when I felt I couldn't control my children. I felt like the worst mom and I started to doubt my future career choice.
My mom started my day off today with this "At least you don't have six monkeys". Why yes mom I am glad I don't. She told me this couple is hiding from the law because the law is cracking down on having wild animals, and they have six monkeys. First off how can they hide or run with six monkeys. Now I don't have any but I'm sure they are harder to keep quiet or clean my two kids. (At the grocery store...excuse me sit your baby has a tail). My sick mom and I laughed about how you can put monkeys in cages and putting children in cages is frowned upon....unless the volunteer....right?
Along with some talking done in my class today, I have concluded that I am not a horrible mom if I give up on my children every now and then. I sometimes need for my husband to take over and have mommy time. I make sure my kids do not have candy or fried foods and have extra curricular activities. I read to them and hold them. I kiss them and hug them. I explain to them that we can not win all the time or that we can not change selfish,unkind people.
I am a student and a wife and a mother. I'm not perfect but try with all my heart. I love my husband, kids, and my friends.
I have two bright, beautiful children and not monkeys. I am shaping the future not training them. I have to be patient. They are not going to get in their cages when mommy can't take it anymore (have you had two munchkins high on cold meds just so they can breathe and be so excited they can play they can't stop?) I will ask for help. I will remember my dads temper. I will not let it get the best of me. Anxiety does NOT who its dealing with!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment