Monday, September 12, 2011

Everyday I'm Shufflin...really

I feel like this month is flying by. These past few weeks have been a whirlwind. I started school. It was slow going at first, but now it's flying by and I'm completely NOT organized. This is A LOT scary since everything else in my life is at this moment. An all nighter is in my near future and I pray for my husband and kids that they survive the aftershocks.
Speaking of...my husband rocks my world. I love him sssoo much. We finally had a date night minus kids this past Saturday. We acted like teenagers. We laughed the entire time. Even if there is a brief moment of silence between us, one of us will conjure up a random conversation to annoy the other. Yes this is very elementary to try to annoy your significant other, that's how we roll. I do believe that in order to make this marriage work (especially to crazy me) laughter is a must! He also helped out cleaning at granny's, which was not an easy task. Last night we showed off our exceptional teamwork. One  unloaded groceries while the other got the kids ready for bed. One did the laundry and such while the other did the dishes. We don't talk much while we tag team surprisingly. As Tim Gunn would say, we "make it work". I sat there after everything was done within the hour cheering us quietly. High air fives went out in my head. We work so well together we just get it done without saying what or when something needs to be done. Pat on the back to us.
The kids are great. They have transitioned beyond belief into this shared life. They love each other so much and miss each other when they aren't around each other. They started dance last week. Brexli got in the groove and was disappointed she wasn't on stage yet (not a shocker). Lily just stood there and cried the last ten minutes of class. Typical. Wouldn't expect anything less from my baby. My first snack day came and went in a flash. I disappointed myself by not doing one of the many creative ideas I have. I will blame it completely on Ross. He covered up the snack calendar. This happened to be on the night that I had night class and he had gone hog hunting. I conjured up some cookies and grapes. Didn't know you had to have a beverage, but that will be taken care of next time. (Her teacher is not on the great side of communication, but I am taking notes for my own classroom. Thanks lady). I have already forgotten to wash Brex's nap blanket (and she told EVERYONE). I am hitting little speed bumps, but I am learning and definitely laughing along the way. Why not? As my mom says "it's better to laugh than cry. You will stop your nose up" (she is so wise. I love her)
Off to class. I need some distraction from my home life and what is coming up at work when I get there. GAH A.D.D is BAD to have on a busy schedule.
I still promise there will be pictures of the girl's finished room. They are doing their own art projects tonight. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! No telling what they are going to draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment