Wednesday, September 7, 2011

From the Words of George Micheal...

"You gotta have faith, faith, faith"
Cheesy 80's song, I know. I have this knack, courtesy of my grandmother to have a song for any situation. Every time I start to stress these days, I sing this song, mostly in my head...mostly. It's hard to have complete faith in God and His plan. There are some murky, rough waters throughout life. Just when you think life is sort of tough, BAM, something else happens. This song gets me through. First off it gives me a giggle, especially when I clap while singing. The other thing is that it is a reminder that no matter what I have to look up and let go.
My wonderful preacher a couple of weeks ago preached on something that has been on my heart. He talked about how it is easier to sail a boat in the daytime when you can see everything, but there are some people (somewhere in South America or Miami....that was about the time my child had to pee I think) and they sail only at night. It might be harder, but their rewards are twice as rewarding. The preacher said that people make the mistake thinking being a Christian means not having to go through rough times. That is definitely not the case. Being a Christian means that you have to travel those tough waters to see the light. It's like when you go into a dark tunnel. It's dark, but you keep on driving because you know there is light at the other end.
My husband and I had to have a faith talk not too long ago. He wanted to know my story and how I am so sure. I don't really have a story. I had gone astray, had Lily, and was holding her one day. I prayed "Ok God, you gave me my miracle. Show me what you want me to do". I didn't try to make anything happen. I just listened to what came in my heart for me to do in life. I am at peace with how my life was an is. God had a great plan and still does. I just have to have complete Faith that he knows my husband and I well enough to guide us to where we are suppose to be.
I have a lot more to pray for these days. I have this plan in my head of how I want things to go except I'm not really forcing the plan. I am not making concrete actions until I feel it in my heart. I have faith that it will all work out how it is suppose to be.
So when you are feeling stressed or unsure or just confused sing some George Micheal, clap if you need to. Send a little prayer up to help you keep the faith. It might not be what you want or intended, but God has a purpose. So let go and listen.

2 comments:

  1. I really love reading your blog! And that really is a great lesson to learn from the sermon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Anna I love reading about all the good things that have happened to you. You are such agood person, and I'm glad life is going well for you. I miss seeing you at lunch,

    --clair

    ReplyDelete