Thursday, September 15, 2011

a straight jacket or happily ever after..

I understand my grandparents so much better now. I would watch as they bickered or pappaw would stay busy and basically drive each other crazy....they were in love!
An instance where I know I am either loved deeply or in a few years you will have to visit me during visitation hours.
I was trying on clothes and was a little discouraged that nothing in my closet looked right. Nothing felt like I was the pretty princess I normally am. I stood in front of my closet and yelled "Why don't you fit anymore. We are not friends". I started throwing down jeans and stomping on them violently. Ross quickly and silently exited the room, refusing to look at me. Still not sure why.
He aggrevates me so I aggrevate back.
Ross is notorious for being a good husband and emptying the trash every other day. Such a good boy. However, he NEVER puts a new bag in. For a busy mom on the go this is very frustrating. I do not like having a dustpan full of debris or wet pull up and no bag to put it in. So like a sweet wife I am, I left the empty trash can in front of the door so he would run into it when he opened the door. To make matters worse, I left the lights off. Hopefully his physical pain and frustration will equal to what I feel every other day when I reach for the trash.
He has almost (key word being almost) given up on my watching tv with  him. He says I ask way too many questions and can't just sit and enjoy. Actually good sir that is part of my plan. I will continue to ask why that lady is trying to shoot a bow like her husband or why that animal is that color or who comes up with team uniforms and how could I get into that. Why will I keep annoying my sweet husband? He will eventually grow tired of the constant chatter and retire to the bedroom with the smaller non HD TV and leave me with the enormous flat screen stuck to our wall.
I will also continue to put gigantic bows in our children's hair and tell them to wear their tap shoes on the hardwood floors. First off they are girls and these things will define them and develop charachter. Second off, it bugs him. Sometimes I put the large bows in my hair and wear them around the house. Another instance where he just looks and walks away quietly. This is now a daily occurance, by the way.
To sum it all up. My husband must love me. He puts up with way too much stuff, random or planned, that would drive anyone insane (probably why my mom didn't cry at my wedding, she was just so darn happy to pass that torch). He is good to me and is my partner. I worry about him. I worry that he might be crazy as me. Maybe he will be the one in the straight jacket OR like my grandparents house nothing will ever be broken and our outside shop will always be busy.

1 comment: