Monday, August 1, 2011

The Build Up

I know my life is not so exciting and fabulous (although I am fabulous...just not my life) that I think eveyone will get a kick out of reading about my tales and woes BUT I do think this whole new life I have going for me will deserve some recognition. It's a brand new chapter in the Book of Marci that I have been waiting for since...ooohh I was about five. Marriage. I have planned my husband and wedding since then. I have always been a hopeless/ful romantic waiting for Prince Charming to sweep me up on his white steed and ride away to a castle. It really wasn't too much to ask for. Right? Oh how times change.

The Bible starts with it so I think it's good enough for my love story.
In the beginning....
.....There was an attractive "hunter" boy with a cute little blonde headed outspoken girl that waltzed into my workplace. He had on a LSU hat and a gray LSU shirt driving a white jeep. Not really the armor and horse Princess Marci was expecting but close. The way he acted with his little girl and how much she adored him within the ten minutes of his entrance I knew I was going to marry him...or someone exactly like him. If you think I'm joking I'm not. I sent a quick prayer up to God saying "I am going to marry him or somone exactly like him God. PLEEEAAASSEE". I will not bore you with all the two years of dating stories. BLAH BLAH BLAH. What I will say is that after six months we were already both talking about marriage. Some friends were skepical. No Names. The few friends and entire family were behind us. Our Team Bryant supporters knew we were not going to rush into this. We both have wonderful children and seperate lives to intermingle. SO after a year and two months (almost three, but who's counting) my knight proposed.
We had a beautiful, fun, sweet wedding a week ago. We have had so many compliments on how sweet and loving and happy we both looked during the ceremony. Other comments were about the reception and surprisingly non were bad especially considering the amount of alcohol that flowed. It was a great time and perfection in my Book of Marci. I loved each minute of it. It showed what we are all about. Family and laughter. It was simple. No fanfare or over priced anything. It was us.
What have I learned leading up to this glorious day?
Ross and I make an excellent team, even when we don't realize we are working/thinking together we do.
If children are quiet they are up to something.
Brings me to my next lesson, scissors are to be hidden in a cabinet behind something large.
Life does not have to be filled with any drama to be fun or entertaining.
Family is family, even if it is broken it is the best/worst thing we will ever have in our lives. Cherish it.
Choose your battles. (Ross is learning this one through me later in the game. Thanks Mom for beating into me early in Lily's life)
Don't rush things. God has a plan.
Have Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment