Friday, August 19, 2011

The Dogwood Spirit

Ross would kill me if he knew I was talking about this. My husband is apparently not a fan of a few things, snakes, spiders, black cats, and ghosts. He is superstitious to say the least. It is not something he advertises, but if you are around him enough it sneaks out.
Back to the story. We have an apparition at our house. I really do believe this. Some say it might go against my religion or my faith. However, in my faith I know there are alot of things that do not have meaning or answers. Choose what you want to think. I just tell how it is.
I was sick one day and took a small nap on our couch in the living room. The blinds were completely closed. When I woke up, the blinds on the far side of the room were askew. It looked like one of our kids had been playing with them, but I was home alone. I was a little freaked out, but I shrugged it off. Now at night I am not getting enough sleep. I keep hearing footsteps on our floors. The floors creek when you walk on them because they are hardwood and off the ground. This is not normal noises. I wake up because I hear footsteps that sound about the same as Lily's when she walks. I wait and wait for her to come in but never does. I have even gone as far as getting up out of bed when I hear them and checking on the girls. They are sound asleep usually snoring in dreamland. My suspicions only grew stronger earlier this week when I heard what sounded like Lily call out mommy. I get up and check on her, she was asleep. I asked Ross if he heard it, and he said he heard something but it was nothing. OK ROSS! I told him my other run ins with this spirit, and he immediately told me to "Shut up and stop talking about that". HEE HEE HEE...my signal to keep reminding him we have a house guest. (you get those priviledges when you get married...or...become my friend).
So beware if you spend the night at my house. You might hear a giggle or footsteps. Just go back to sleep. It's the little ghost children running amuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment