Monday, August 8, 2011

Children..oh Children

With all the stress that has been buzzing around for the past month or so I haven't really stopped to listen to my children. I now know why they have shows like "Kids Say the Darnedest Things" and such. They really see the world through a different set of eyes. My mom spent time with Lily this weekend and told me some silly things that came out of Lily's mouth. It made me stop and remember how much joy I get out of being a mom. So here are some funny things that happened/ were said in the past few days...yes days, they are that random (you KNOW i appreciate randomness)
Mom: "Lily why did you poo poo in you big girl panties?"
Lily:" Where else am I going to go?"

Brexli: "When I get married, I'm not going to kiss the boy because that's gross"

I turn around to see Lily climbing on the counter, and Brexli pushing her up so she can reach.
Me: "What are ya'll doing?"
Lily: "Getting the candy you said no to" (DUH MOM)

Brexli (in front of her dad): "remember not to tell Daddy you let us have candy before school" Gee thanks Brex!

Lily came and got me from my comfy bed and said "What is that noise in my room?" I drag my half asleep body to her room to hear Brexli snoring like a big bear. Bless her heart. Me: "That is Brexli snoring"
Lily: "She is LOUD"!

Lily's favorite phrase that I'm trying to break her of saying "What the heck". She uses it in the correct context so it worries me how much I say it.  She had some shoes I tried to get her to wear to school and she said the girls would say "what the heck".  Little ears have big mouths.

There are many more I can't think of. I am bringing back my journal that I had when I was pregnant, and Lily was first talking. I wrote down the funny things that she would say or actually anyone in my family would say. We love to laugh at ourselves and hold nothing back so there are many things in that journal that make me giggle just remembering.
Moral of this story:
Enjoy life. It is short. Enjoy the people around you. Everyone has something to enjoy about them. Even sourpusses do something that will make you smile every now and then. My wise mom always says it's better to laugh than cry ssssoo laugh at yourself. I promise it will make your day brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment